- We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. - Buddha
- All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him. - Buddha
- The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.- Buddha
- Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it. - Buddha
-Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others. - Buddha
- By your own efforts. Waken yourself, watch yourself.
And live joyfully. You are the master.- Buddha
- Why do what you will regret? Why bring tears upon yourself? Do only what you do not regret,
And fill yourself with joy. - Buddha
-We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves. - Buddha
- See the false as false, The true as true.
Look into your heart. Follow your nature. -Buddha
- Never speak harsh words.
For they will rebound upon you.
Angry words hurt
And the hurt rebounds.
Like a broken gong. - Buddha
- The greatest impurity is ignorance.
Free yourself from it. - Buddha
- Does the spoon taste the soup?
A fool may live all his life
In the company of a master
And still miss the way. - Buddha
- Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill. - Buddha
- You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. - Buddha
- Give thanks. For what had been given to you,
However little. - Buddha
- Do not what is evil. Do what is good. - Buddha
- No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. - Buddha
- What we think, we become. - Buddha
- Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without. - Buddha
- There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth not going all the way, and not starting. - Buddha
- The thought manifests as the word. The word manifests as the deed. The deed develops into habit. And the habit hardens into character. So watch the thought and its ways with care. And let it spring from love, born out of concern for all beings. - Buddha
- Look within. Thou art the Buddha. - Buddha
- Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. Believe nothing merely because you have been told it. Do not believe what your teacher tells you merely out of respect for the teacher. But whatsoever, after due examination and analysis, you find to be kind, conducive to the good, the benefit, the welfare of all beings -- that doctrine believe and cling to, and take it as your guide. - Buddha
- Nither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds. -Buddha